Friday, September 18, 2009

A miracle: no WIPs

I finished two projects today, leaving no works in progress (WIPs) on my official Ravelry project page. This is the first time it has happened since I started using Ravelry to keep track of my projects. Since I usually have two projects on the needles at any given, it's quite unusual for me to finish both so close together.

I'm feeling ambivalent about this. On the one hand, there's great pride in the accomplishments. Both projects turned out beautifully. (I don't have pics yet, but will take them soon.) On the other hand, it's a little bit sad not to have a project to turn to at the moment. My needles look forlorn and lonely.

Of course, they won't stay that way for long. I have so many projects queued up, both on Ravelry and in my own mind, that I can't wait very long to start something else. I just need to make up my mind which two projects to do next. There are several things I want to knit for myself. I think the fingerless gloves in laceweight alpaca will have to be the next thing I start. I also have some super-soft yarn I need to use to make baby caps. Then there's the mp3 player cozy and the journal cover I want to make for myself. But I probably shouldn't have two selfish-knitting projects at the same time. Decisions, decisions.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about. I am working on a hat, an afghan, a purse and a second hat at the moment.

    ReplyDelete