Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lost: camera

Serious bummer. I have not been able to find my camera in several days. I have searched all the obvious places, and the less-obvious places that I can think of. At this point, I'm just going to leave it to the universe to return my camera to me when it is ready. If it turns out I can't wait that long, I may have to go buy a replacement. But of course, I know that two days later I would find my camera, and be annoyed.

Those who remark upon items going missing in my presence know that I have a theory about this. (Actually, technically, it's not a theory. Not even a hypothesis. Just a si

A wormholeImage via Wikipedia

lly notion. But let's not get technical.) Wormholes.

Yes, wormholes. Little wrinkles in the space-time continuum that can cause an object to move instantly from one location to another that is not connected to it in space as we know it. Wormholes are what cause objects to disappear from a location where you know you placed them, only to reappear in a totally absurd location five days later.

It has nothing to do with the notorious faultiness of the human memory. It's wormholes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, I hope some kind wormhole will return my camera to me before I break down and spend $150 on a shiny new one that I will not be willing to part with when my old camera returns. Thanks.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are too funny! I believe if you would take a day to blame someone, besides yourself, for loosing or misplacing your camera it will turn up within a few hours. This seems to work a lot for me, even when I know no one has used it. When it turns up I find myself feeling like a big idiot and having to apologize to those I accuse. I don't know what to contribute this to but it's always my last resort. Hate feeling like an idiot! LOL But I hate not finding things more!

    ReplyDelete