Sunday, June 21, 2009

Frogging frustrations and new adventures

I had never before had to frog an entire project. Now, I've done so with two projects. Both because of failure to make a gauge swatch. The pair of lovely cabled socks I had started on wouldn't fit over my heels, so I had to frog them.

Last time I wrote, I swore I wouldn't change my ways and start making gauge swatches because of a single frogged project. Now that it's happened twice in a row, even such a stubborn fool as I can eat my words.

I have started on a new project, and my most ambitious adventure yet. I am writing my own pattern for a sweater, with a cabled celtic cross design. And, in an even bolder move, I have announced my intention to make this sweater for my father, and let him have a say in the yarn.

Taking Dad to the knit shop was fun. He was a little overwhelmed, but I guided him toward appropriate choices, and let him fondle a few skeins. Mostly, he just pointed out the colors he liked, and left the final choice to me.

This is by far the largest yarn purchase I have ever made. I hope it lives up to my expectations, and my father's!

No comments:

Post a Comment