Sunday, May 3, 2009

Done with Prickly Pear socks, on to the next good thing


Another pair of socks, done. This is my fourth pair, and has by far the most complicated pattern I have ever attempted. They turned out about as nicely as I hoped, which is always a pleasant surprise.

My next project will be to learn how to knit cables. I will be making Knit Picks cabled mug cozy, a pattern available for free both on the Knit Picks site and on Ravelry. I anticipate that it will go pretty quickly. I may even make more than one. Once I feel comfortable with cable knitting, I plan to attempt it on some socks. I have not yet made up my mind as to which pattern I will choose out of several possibilities. None of the patterns I have is ideal to me, so whichever one I choose I will have to modify. I have never tried to convert a top-down sock pattern to toe-up, but I may have to for my next project. That will certainly be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment