Saturday, April 11, 2009

Moebius cowl progresses

This is the first time I have tried making anything in a moebius loop, and it's certainly an adventure. I have seen many patterns for knit moebius scarves, shawls or cowls. But to me, the real fun of making something in a moebius loop is following the edges around and around, which means it should be crocheted, not knit. (A moebius loop is a loop formed by twisting the edge one half turn before joining, which results in an interesting phenomenon: a three dimensional object that only has one side.)

I started making the cowl to use up some chenille yarn that I bought years ago and never made into the original planned project. I discovered that the reason I hadn't made the original project is that there wasn't enough yarn to make, well, much of anything. So my free project to use leftover yarn turned into a $33 project when I had to buy more yarn. I hate when that happens.

But the cowl is going well. I will probably finish it with a scalloped edge today. Which means I can start a new project! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment